Thursday, February 19, 2009

A Cold, Windy Day (And more pics of the cabin)

Today is freezing, by Caribbean standards.  My iphone says it is 82 and raining but it's actually closer to 72 and overcast; windy. We've really only had a few days of fine, perfect, Caribbean-y weather and tomorrow advertises itself to be the same as today.  It is still lovely here but I find myself uttering the annoying tourist refrain of-- "Well, where's all this 'nice' weather I've heard so much about?"

I'm not in St. John for much longer so Mother N
ature 
better get on with it. . . .  Though, in Las Terrenas I'm living 350 yds from the beach so there will plenty of time for acquiring  skin cancer while I'm there.  
(Just kidding mum!  I'm using plenty of SPF!)

Now as, promised-- more pics of the cabin.

The view from our porch. The bed and the outside shower.  No shower today-- brrrrr!

That's all for now.  The storm clouds are rolling in and I have to put pants on.  Plus it's Rib Night at Big Belly Deli and that means lots of rum, live music and greasy pig fat for all. Yummers.
I'll keep you posted. . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment