Monday, January 19, 2009

First Post

After such a terrific snow storm last night, I figured there was no better time to begin The Traveling Bee Papers-- a life blog and travelogue dedicated to my 2009 adventure-- one that begins in one month, in the Caribbean.

Last February I turned 30 and made a year's worth of promise to myself that were never completely fulfilled. Somethings were started but never finished. Other things were completed but done half-assed. Mostly, though, there were many more things; huge things, I never even attempted. Those are the hardest to live with. Things like: Finish your novel. Publish a travel feature. Find the love of your life. Travel to the places your heart desires. (Note the constant constant inner dialogue here: Do it now!! While you're still young; before you fall into the endless BLACK PIT OF MIDDLE AGE !!! Even though 30 doesn't feel "middle-ish" to someone who plans to live until 90.) In any case. There are some things left in limbo; issues in need of resolving. In three weeks I turn 31 and have given myself a make-up year to fulfill those promises and live my dream of being a writer. It helps, of course, that Destiny has offered up writing work on a silver platter worthy of the gods and goddesses of Atlantis. 

This is simple practice. Pracice in letting life happen and having enough faith in myself and the world to push my personal and creative boundaries to their conceivable limits, and beyond. This is the year that I become me.

After that? Well, sigue nadando.
That's all I can say.

I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

  1. This is so cool! I found your blog through glimpse magazine. I wish you luck on your journey. Do you have an itinerary, or are you just traveling where the wind takes you?

    ReplyDelete